At Elite Dental, we provide an invisible and innovative orthodontic system known as Invisalign. Invisalign uses SMARTForce technology to straighten teeth, giving patients their best smile!
The Invisalign treatment consists of a series of removable alignment trays that are custom made to fit your teeth only. The aligners work to achieve a perfect smile by closing any gaps or spaces, correcting overbites and crowding, and fixing various other teeth alignment issues. This treatment option is highly effective and very easy to use. Simply wear the custom-made aligners over your teeth and watch them gradually move into perfect alignment!
What steps does the Invisalign treatment involve?
Here are the steps throughout the Invisalign treatment process that you may expect:
• Step 1: Your initial appointment will require photos, X-rays, and dental impression to be taken in order to help formulate your treatment plan.
• Step 2: These records are then sent to Invisalign where they will use this information to create a customised 3D treatment plan (ClinCheck) just for you. You will also be able to see the position of your teeth throughout your treatment and how they will look in the end.
• Step 3: If you are happy with the ClinCheck treatment plan, the customised aligners are then manufactured and shipped to our dental practice.
• Step 4: When your aligners arrive, we will call you to book an appointment so that you can pick up your first set of aligners and instruct you on how to care for your new aligners so that you obtain optimal treatment results. Typically 3-4 sets of aligners will be given to you so that you can change them yourself every 2 weeks.
• Step 5: You will need to visit us every 6-8 weeks so that our dentist can monitor the progress of your case and provide you with additional sets of aligners.
• Step 6: After you have completed your Invisalign treatment, you may be required to wear retainers in order to maintain your new smile. In some cases Refinement may be required.
Are aligners comfortable to wear and what material are they made of?
Every Invisalign aligner is made of a safe medical grade, thermoplastic polymer called SmartTrack. SmartTrack’s custom-engineered design gives the aligners high elasticity. This gives the aligners a highly precise fit and better tooth movement, which will then provide a gentle and constant force during treatment. The aligners are engineered to give you results while maintaining comfort throughout your treatment.
Is Invisalign treatment suitable for me?
Invisalign has been successful in treating a broad a range of teeth straightening issues, in cases ranging in mild to severe. You will need to have a consultation with our friendly and highly experienced Invisalign-trained dentist, Dr Joanne Tseng to find out if Invisalign treatment is suitable for your particular case.
…In the meantime, for additional general information or to learn more about how the Invisalign treatment can help you, check out the Invisalign QUICK COMPATIBILITY TOOL.