People may straighten their teeth for a number of reasons, including appearance, ease of cleaning, speech problems, a traumatic bite, gum damage or tooth wear.
Dr Joanne Tseng has a special interest in orthodontic treatment for both children and adults. For children, assessments may be done from between age 7-9 when the majority of the front adult teeth have erupted in order to prevent severe cases from developing over time.
We offer a range of options for straightening teeth and preventing orthodontic problems, including:
- Orofacial myology, an early intervention option to help train the facial muscles and correct issues such as mouth breathing, an open bite or thumb sucking
- Appliances such as plates or palatal expanders, which are used while a child is still growing to help to make space for erupting teeth or correct jaw disharmony
- Traditional braces with either metal or porcelain brackets with 4-6 weekly adjustments to align the teeth
- FastBraces, a rapid treatment option that can straighten teeth in as little as 20 weeks
- Invisible braces using Invisalign clear plastic aligners
Book a consultation with one of our dental professionals to discuss your options. Call (02) 9519 6098 to arrange an appointment.